Good health evolves through the decisions you make each day
Wellness is defined as “the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal” Oxford Dictionary.
But what does that mean?
Wellness is an active process whereby you work towards physical, mental, and spiritual health. If the word spiritual freaks you out, stick with me! It’s not what you think. If you’re thinking, “Oooh yeah! Give me some of that!”, visit my yoga page – I got you!
Achieving wellness is a process. It encompasses more than good health, but being in good health gives you the energy to pursue a fulfilling life.
If you don’t feel you’re where you want to be in terms of your physical and mental health, having someone guide you in the right direction and help you to prioritize steps, can be a game-changer. I can help you move the needle in the right direction to meet your goals. Together we can formulate an effective, realistic plan to improve your Wellness Toolkit.
Depending on your goals, that may include offering suggestions on how to get started with an exercise program, be more mindful, reduce stress or breathe more effortlessly. These things help you feel more at peace in life which circles back to mind, body, and spiritual health.
Things we may discuss include any or all the following:
- Exercise. I know! This part may turn you off, or maybe that’s why you’re here? The fact is, if you aren’t moving, you’re going to struggle to feel well. There are so many layers to physical fitness. It’s a box we need to check to support your overall wellness.
- Eating patterns and nutrition. I can provide you with research and resources to optimize your food choices to support your health goals.
- Sleep. Sleep hygiene is a passion of mine after suffering a decade of insomnia. I have studied sleep hygiene and breathing techniques to help reduce sleepless nights.
- Forming good habits. And breaking the bad ones. Having someone hold you accountable and help you stay on track can help you make the necessary steps to form new habits.
- Mental health. Your ability to feel joy and happiness is intimately connected to your physical and spiritual health. I will offer suggestions to reduce the mental chatter preventing you from making progress toward your goals.
- Conscious Breathing. The art and science of breathing is evolving. There is no single thing you can do to improve your mental and physical resilience that is more effective than functional and conscious breathing.
Lots of things need to come together in order for you to experience success in reaching your health, fitness and wellness goals. Let me help you navigate the obstacles getting in the way of where you are now, versus where you want to be.